Audit and Accounts Manager – Regional Firm of Accountants
Audit and Accounts Manager – Regional Firm of Accountants, Rotherham
A leading firm of Independent Accountants with offices based across the South Yorkshire region are looking to employ an ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified practice accountant for the position of Audit and Accounts Manager.
The position will support the management of a highly varied portfolio of clients, providing statutory and management accounting services, overseeing the delivery of audits, coupled with being a major point of call for all client queries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting Senior Managers and Partners, the role will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for supporting a diverse portfolio of clients across various industries which typically operate up to £10 million turnover, ensuring the delivery of high levels of service are met
- Preparation of financial and management accounts
- Planning, budgeting and carrying out assignments for both Audit and Non-Audit client work
- Delegating and supervising work of more junior members of the team reviewing work
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements are met
- Assist in the management, development and mentoring of staff members
Skills and Qualities
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent with current experience developed within an accounting and audit environment, some supervisory/management experience would also be beneficial.
Due to the nature of the role, individuals will have the personal qualities and confidence of managing a varied client portfolio with differing client needs, along with supporting and mentoring junior staff members.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to further their career within a managerial capacity with one of the regions leading firms of accountants.
- Salary up to £45,000 (depending upon experience)
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent benefits package
- Staff parking
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland Ltd