Finance Director – Professional Services Firm
Barber McLelland is working as an exclusive recruitment partner for a leading independent professional services firm based in South Yorkshire.
The firm has undertaken significant expansion recently through both acquisition and organic growth. To assist with its next phase of growth, the firm is looking to invest in the appointment of a Finance Director in a newly created role.
The business is not only looking for a highly effective, operationally focused accountant but a strategically aware and commercially astute individual, to provide advice and assist the leadership team on the best path for both strategic and profitable growth
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the Finance Director will form part of the business senior leadership team, duties will include:
- Leading the Finance function within the business and reporting to the Board of Directors on the financial affairs of the firm
- Assist in the strategic implementation of the 3-5 year business growth plan
- Preparation of annual budget
- Managing a small team of finance professionals and developing their skills
- Responsible for cashflow management and the production of accurate cashflow forecasts
- Implementation of best working practices and procedures within the finance team
- Ensure all regulatory reporting is completed
- Ensure budgetary control is effective & suitable cost controls are in place
- Ensure investment decisions are robust and return on investment criteria give value for money
- Decision making is supported by the production of relevant management information
Skills and Qualities
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and will have experience operating strategically at either Financial Controller or Financial Director level within a growing business.
The appetite to join a fast-moving and ambitious business and become a prominent member of its leadership team is also key.
- Base salary £50,000 – £60,000
- Annual Bonus
- Benefits Package
For further information regarding the position, please contact Justin Barber on 07949 972677 for a confidential discussion.