Barber McLelland Ltd is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Barber McLelland must process personal data (including sensitive personal information) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Barber McLelland acts as a data controller.
You may provide your personal details to Barber McLelland Ltd directly, such as completing our candidate registration form, applications via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a job board. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement. This agreement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new regulation which will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018, this replaces the Data Protection Regulation. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
If you are a candidate or prospective candidate, Barber McLelland will collect and use your personal details from your CV if you apply for a role via our website or job board, or when you request our assistance to find a new role and you register with us and complete our candidate registration form.
We will use and store information you give us namely:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Your contact telephone numbers
- Your current basic salary and salary expectations
- Your notice period
- Your CV
- Your employment history
- Right to work documentation (Passport or Work Visa)
- Expectations in your next role such as location, position etc
- Any employment references you may provide, or we may receive on your behalf
If you are a client or potential client, we will store the contact details as provided by you. This would include if relevant:
- The names of any relevant individuals we have been dealing with within the organisation
- Your organisations’ postal address
- Relevant email addresses we have been given by our contacts
- Your contact telephone numbers
- Any job role requirements or job specifications you have given us
- To provide our services to you
- To match your details with the most suitable job vacancies
- To make you aware of potential job opportunities
- To maintain our business relationship with you as either a candidate or a client
- To answer your queries
- To make you aware of potentially suitable job opportunities
- If you are a candidate or potential candidate, to share your information with clients to enable us to submit your CV for appropriate jobs
- If you are a client or prospective client, to share any job specification or company information you have provided with prospective candidates for the purposes of sourcing the best candidates for the job
We will hold personal information on our systems for 3 years after the last instance of 2-way communication with you as an individual. At that point we will contact you to see if you wish to remain on our system.
If you are a candidate who has been placed by Barber McLelland Ltd with a new employer, we will hold your data for 5 years in line with employment legislation.
The accuracy of your information is important to us.
If your personally identifiable information changes, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data provided to us. This will be completed within 24 hours of contacting Justin Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a client, or if you would like your data deleting, please also contact Justin Barber.
Barber McLelland Ltd takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. We use a number of digital security systems and operational procedures to protect data submitted to us by you. Physical security of data on our equipment is provided by a combination of firewalls and password protection. The Company uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason the Company cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
If we decide to change our Candidate GDPR Agreement, we will post those changes on our Homepage so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. We will use information in accordance with the Candidate Agreement under which the information was collected.
This policy was last updated May 2018
If you have any questions or comments about this agreement, please email Justin Barber at email@example.com
Barber McLelland Ltd
Silver Street Head