Senior Accountant, North Sheffield
Senior Accountant Based in North Sheffield
A fantastic opportunity exists for a newly or recently qualified ACA or ACCA accountant to join one the regions leading independent firms of accountants.
The firm pride themselves on setting exceptional client service standards along with the delivery of innovative accounting and business advisory solutions.
Employees benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in accounting standards and modern accounting methods.
As Senior Accountant, there is the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of clients across the region (all of which are audit exempt) and become an integral part of the highly experienced team.
The office has recently expanded through both an acquisition and also expanding its client’s services across the Yorkshire region and are looking for a dynamic, ambitious qualified ACA or ACCA accountant to join the business and become part of their future success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the Partner and Senior Associate, the role of Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for a variety of accounting services, supporting a wide range of clients which will include:
- Preparation of Statutory and Management Accounts
- Preparation of business plans and financial forecasting
- Preparation of clients annual budgets
- Preparation of Management Information
- Corporate and Personal Tax
- Training and advice on accounting software
- Accounting system implementation
- Provide commercial business support
Skills and Qualities
The business are looking for an individual who demonstrates the ambition and drive and wishes to become part of a highly successful team, that will support and encourage development and learning.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or finalist
- Good statutory accounting experience
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge Sage and other similar accounting software packages
- Confident in managing your own clients
- A willingness to continue learning and developing
- Starting salary circa £28,000 (higher depending upon experience)
- Staff parking
- Excellent benefits package
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland Ltd